Coordinating organization between dreamworkers within the European Union, the EASD (European Association for the study of dreams) has organized four european conferences devoted to the study of dreams, to which the congress in Germany having given place to the creation of association is added.
• 1987 : GERMANY. «From ordinary dreams to lucid dreams», 31st October 1987, Psychologishes Institut der Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universitat, Frankfurt am Main.
• 1988 : GREAT-BRITAIN. «Physiology of dreaming and dream creativity», 8th October 1988, at the Institute of psychiatry, in London.
• 1989 : FRANCE. «Rêve, santé et société», 6th, 7th and 8th October 1989 at Ventabren.
• 1990 : BELGIUM. «Dream and altered states of consciousness», 31st August, first and second of September 1990, at the University of Mons.
• 1994 : LUXEMBURG. «Dream andor Reality» 15/16th of October 1994, at the hotel Ibis in Le grand duché de Luxembourg.
The current activities of the EASD come within the scope of the construction of the European Union and they aim at working out a true «European Dream».
Using virtual space, the short-term objective of the EASD is to set up the essential links between the onirophiles pertaining to the 15 european countries. With this intention, the EASD places at the disposal of each european country a space on Internet, managed freely in the national plan.
But Europe is not only partitioned by the different nations that compose it, it is also cut by its different linguistics areas (French-speaking, English-speaking, German-speaking, Spanish-speaking, etc.).
It is the reason why, insofar as English obviously the vernacular language, each national european space finds itself managed both in English and in the national language.
It should be noted that some linguistic regroupings can take place beyond the european borders. For the French-speaking area, for example, this regrouping will be able to include France, Wallon Belgium, Switzerland and Quebec.